- Countermeasures against MERS (English)
- Countermeasure against Dengue fever（Japanese/English)
- Countermeasure against Ebola hemorrhagic fever （English)
- Service schedule calendar (Japanese / English)
- Schedule of annual health checkup for students 2017 UPDATE
- Examination items in health cheek-up for students
- Reminder for Annual Health Checkups for Students (New Students) UPDATE
- Reminder for Annual Health Checkups for Students (Current Students) UPDATE
- Medical certification for employment and overseas activity (in campus only)
NOTICE: Health checkup for students
- You are required to attend the checkup on the specified date.
- The medical questionnaire needs to be filled out online by 6:00 a.m. on the weekday before the checkup date. The link is below.
e.g. If you are to attend the checkup on Mon. Jun 26, you need to finish the questionnaire by 6:00 a.m. on Fri. Jun 23.
Kyoto University Health Services
The University Health Service offers: (1) periodical and on-demand health checkups, (2) individual and group counseling/guidance for health problems, (3) primary clinical care for diseased/injured persons, (4) health data management, and (5) education and academic research.
The annual health checkup is mandated by law for university students and employees. Employees (and science-major students as well) who engage in hazardous work involving specified chemical agents, radioactive agents, microbes, and working at night or in hot/cold/hyperbaric places are required to undergo additional special health checks carried out by the Health Service every 6 months.
Based on these checkup results, medical/occupational advice and suggestions are given to students, employees and their supervisors. A quit-smoking program using topical nicotine and an e-mail system are offered to students and employees.
Primary clinical care is provided to patients suffering from diseases and injuries. Internal medicine and psychiatry departments are open on weekday. When advanced examinations or therapies are needed, we refer patients to Kyoto University Hospital or other medical institutions in the vicinity.
Preventive and clinical services are provided at branch offices located at the Katsura, Uji, and Kumatori Campus. Healing services using aromas, music, and body massage, as well as physical exercise with treadmill/cycle-ergometer and dumbbells are also available at the Katsura branch.
Health checkup data are continuously collected in our computer system. When a student or employee requests, his/her health certificate can be issued using these data and some additional physical or laboratory examinations.
Medical doctors of the Health Service are also faculty members of the University. They deliver lectures on epidemiology and mentor the students in the University School of Public Health, aiming to promote clinical outcome research.
Our studies include:
- Prevention of common cold by gargling
- Delay of cold recovery by a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Stratification of lung cancer risk by smoking status
- Prediction of adverse events caused by an antineoplastic agent
- Time-course of risk factors until the onset of myocardial infarction and stroke
- Chronological features and risk factors of sudden death in the working population
- A new clinical approach to premorbid personalities with major depression
- Electroshock therapy for various psychological disorders
- Development of integrated intercampus telemedicine system
- Evaluation of CPR and an AED use by bystanders, and emergency medical service (EMS) systems based-on population-based registry of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Community-based intervention to spread chest compression-only CPR
- RCT evaluating the effectiveness of CPR feedback and debriefing in EMS systems
- Population-based registry for EMS transporting patients (cardiac arrests / acute coronary syndrome / stroke)
- Qualitative study to seek barriers to start CPR or use an AED
- Simulation study to evaluate educational or training effectiveness for CPR or use an AED
- Department of Preventive Services
- Kyoto University School of Public Health
- The International Center, Kyoto University
Takashi Kawamura, M.D., Ph.D.
Taku Iwami, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.
Kazumi Takemoto, M.D.
Teruhisa Uwatoko, M.D.
Satoe Okabayashi, M.D., Dr.P.H.
Keiichi Matsuzaki, M.D., Ph.D.
Daisuke Kobayashi, M.D.
Kyoto University Health Service
2F, Education Promotion and Student Support Department
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
Tel: +81-75-753-2400 (service office)
E-mail : email@example.com
Kyoto University Clinic (Hoken Shinryo-sho)
Tel: +81-75-753-2404 (reception office)
Last Modified 4/4/2017